- Use your common sense.
- Take your mobile with you.
- Address details are probably better left until you know each other longer.
- Let someone know where you are going.
- If you're trying to top up the 'ole Dutch courage - remember, slurred speech is not attractive - so watch the 'pintometer'.
- Remember your date details - date, time, place etc. "fashionably late" has its limits girls!
- Let your date know how to recognize you; bowler hat, flower between teeth. This minimizes weird looks from passers-by you've been eyeballing frantically.
- Don't be a fish out of water - go somewhere familiar with plenty of people. You'll feel more at ease and safer in your surroundings.
- If you are drinking alcohol, keep an eye on the amount in your glass. Watch out for top ups/doubles and also anything else can be put in your drink/coffee.
- When you're heading home, get a taxi. Don't walk home alone (yeah, we know it's sometimes quicker to walk, but better safe than sorry).
You've taken the first step by joining in - now make the last one easy by going out and enjoying your date.
If you meet your perfect match - well done!
If it doesn't work out, put it down to experience.
Above all, have a laugh, we'd love to hear your feedback!